Auto Painting in Waterloo and Kitchener
Auto Painting Procedure
Golf Automotive is your specialist for auto painting in Waterloo, Kitchener and the surrounding area. We take pride in our work, which is why we place a big emphasis on the new paint matching the original colour perfectly. Our procedure includes numerous steps to ensure that each customer is extremely satisfied with our work. To give you a better idea of the entire auto painting process, we have outlined all of the steps involved.
- The area to be painted is initially primed to prepare it for the painting.
- The primed area is sanded down to ensure the smoothness of the panel.
- The smoothness of the area is increased even further by wet sanding it, which not only gives it a smooth feel but also gives the area a smoother look.
- The car is hand washed with soap water and dried to remove all dirt, dust and debris to increase the auto painting quality.
- All areas that will not be painted are masked and covered.
- The base coat is applied in 3-5 coats depending on the cars color. For example solid whites, and black cars usually take less coats where as more metallic colors such as burgundy and light blues require more coats.
- Each base coat is given the required time to dry, which is generally 30 to 45 min.
- Two coats of clear coat are sprayed on so that the car gets its glossy finish.
- The car is left to dry over night, once the auto painting is complete.
- All of the parts that were removed are re-attached and the car is reassembled completely. These parts were removed to avoid overspray and to increase the quality overall finish.